Sometimes when you log into cPanel or webmail, you encounter this error, “Your IP address has changed. Please log in again”. You may retry log in but cPanel logs you out. This is for security reasons. cPanel remembers your IP address and if you log in from another IP address or your try to log in from two different locations at the same time, it may happen. This error can also appear due to firewall / internet / antivirus settings. Your Network IP address keeps changing and cPanel is protecting you from possible session hijacking. Some ISPs [Internet Service Providers] have short DHCP life times; this can cause this issue. Not every user experiences this issue. Only 1% to 5% users may experience this issue.
You can do following to resolve this issue.
- Change you ISP / internet provider
- Request for a static IP address from your current internet provider
This could cost you more so here are other ways to do it.
- Clear web browser’s cache and cookies and retry
- Use web browser’s extension (e.g. ZenMate) to get static IP address (anonymous browsing) and use cPanel
- Use VPN software to change IP address and use cPanel
- The most effective and painless way is to use Tor web browser to access cPanel or webmail