Transfer a Domain to FridayHost
If you want to transfer your domain registration to FridayHost, initiate the transfer process by contacting us. Domain transfer takes 5 to 7 working business days. You will need to unlock your domain from your old domain/hosting control panel and get the transfer authorization code before transfer process begins. Domain transfer fee is usually the same as the registration fees and that transfer fee actually renews the domain for one more year after the transfer is complete. More simply, you will pay for the domain transfer fees that will renew the domain for one more year. If you want to transfer domain away from us, you can do so freely. You can unlock your domain and have its secret code from us to transfer it away at no extra charge at all. If you are not our existing customer, your first domain transfer is absolutely free (in case of .com, .net, .info, .org, .us, .biz, .in, .uk, .eu, .mobi) along with web hosting package.
How To Transfer Domain to FridayHost?
To transfer your domain registration to FridayHost, please follow these steps:
- From FridayHost Domain Transfer page, initiate the domain transfer process by entering the domain you wish to transfer and click on the Transfer button.
- Complete the domain transfer form details and click on the ORDER button.
Note: This process requires that you pay immediately with credit card or PayPal. If you cannot pay with credit card, or your domain name (TLD) is not listed in our Domains page, please email email@example.com so we can assist you.
Must Read Before Transferring Domain Registration
- Domain transfers usually take 5 to 7 days to process.
- You may not transfer a domain unless it has been at the current registrar for at least 60 days.
- If your domain is expired you may not transfer it until you first renew the registration with the current company.
- There are two settings that must be correct on your domain from previous web hosting control panel, otherwise the domain transfer process will fail. Please check these two things before submitting a transfer request.
- Make sure that email address associated with your domain registration is correct (your own email address that you use). Once you start the domain transfer, the current registrar is going to send an email at this address asking for permission to move the domain. If the email listed isn’t your email or doesn’t work, you can’t respond to this email and thus the transfer will fail.
- Make sure the domain isn’t locked. If it is locked, even if you agree to the domain transfer, it will fail.
Note: You can check email associated with domain and domain lock status by going to: WHOis Checker (SEO Tools). Type your domain (example.com) in the field there and click ‘GET WHOIS DATA’ button. Find where it says “Registrant Email”, “Admin Email”, “Tech Email” and/or “Administrative Contact”. This is where your correct email address must be listed. Now find where it says “Domain Status” If the status says “locked” or “Client Transfer Prohibited”, you must get this changed before initializing the domain transfer. To get the above changed you must contact the registrar (the company from where you bought the domain), and ask them to make the necessary changes. Some registrars let you make these changes yourself from within their control panel.